Foods stored in vacuum bags do not dry out, soften, soak or harden as the air cannot affect them. Foods are vacuum packed with vacuum packing machines.
Large vacuum bags are 360 mm long and 280 mm wide. Each set contains 25 pieces. Large vacuum bags are perfect for storing:
- larger pieces of fresh meat and cured meat products
- homemade bread, pastries and cakes
- vegetables and fruits
Vacuum bags are developed and produced in Slovenia, Europe.
Large vacuum bags are:
- food safe,
- neutral in taste and smell,
- useful as cooking bags (“sous vide”).
- First, warm up your vacuum packing machine without using a vacuum bag. Close the lid, push the ‘seal’ button and press down on the lid.
- Place the edge of the bag filled with food on the first sealing strip of your vacuum packing machine.
- Apply the Bag button and press down on the lid. Wait for the process to complete.
- Food is stored in vacuum and ready for quality storage.
Before using vacuum bags for the first time, please read the user manual for your vacuum packing machine or watch the demonstration video.
Vacuum bags can be used with all types of vacuum packing machines.
MAINTENANCE AND MATERIALS
Vacuum bags are suitable for reuse as long as their length allows it. Clean them in your dishwasher or under tap water. Before reusing them, make sure they are completely dry.
- Vacuum bags are made of double layer PA/PE foil. PA layer functions as an impermeable material and PE layer as a sealing material.
- The foil is 100 and 130 µm (microns) thick, which is a professional thickness (standard bags are 20 µ thick).
STATUS VACUUM BAGS ARE MORE DURABLE
Status vacuum bags are made of thicker foil ensuring them to be more puncture-proof than similar bags on the market. This is especially important when storing meat with bones attached or when bags with stored food come in contact with sharp objects.
Extended shelf life of food
During the vacuum packing process oxygen is removed from the packaging, which extends the shelf life of e.g. fresh meat stored in a chest freezer from 6 months to as far as 18 months. Local foods, such as pork rinds, blood sausages and similar, are preserved longer and can be stored in the freezer without turning rancid after time.
With vacuum packing you extend the shelf life of fresh meat stored in a chest freezer from 6 months to as far as 18 months.
TIP – FREQUENT USE OF FOODS STORED IN VACUUM BAGS
Did you use a large vacuum bag to store food that you need and use often, but in small amounts? For example nuts or frozen berries? You can re-seal the bag as long as its length allows it. You can also seal it using a power seal. In the latter case the contents of the bag will not be stored in vacuum but will still be packed in an airtight environment.
There are no reviews yet.